Halo Salon is open now!
May 19, 2020
Looking great again!
Welcome back! We have missed you and thank you to everyone for your continued patience. We are now ready to reopen with the government regulations and WorkSafe BC suggested guidelines. We already followed strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols regulated by Vancouver Coastal Health before the effects of COVID-19, but we have now adopted extra safety precautions. Please be patient and kind while we navigate through these times. We are going to do our best to accommodate all our clients, will be open 7 days a week and have extended our hours. We will not be running at full capacity when we first open. Stylists’ schedules and time with clients will be different. When booking, please request the service(s) you would like so that we can book an appropriate timeslot with your stylist. Given the new restrictions, it may not be possible to accommodate any services other than those booked during your appointment. Our online booking will be disabled until further notice while we work through this process.
Know before your appointment
- Masks must be worn by all staff and clients due to the close nature of our job. We ask that you bring a mask and put it on before entering the salon. If you don’t have one, we can provide you one for a small fee. If you refuse to wear one, we will have to refuse to offer our services for the safety of everyone.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms (coughing, fever, runny nose, new shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste) we ask that you stay home and stay safe. If you arrive with symptoms, you will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please arrive on time – don’t come early or late. If you come early, please wait outside or in your car and call us. We will invite you in at your appointed time following cleaning protocols.
- Staff will be using top graded disinfectant to thoroughly clean before, during and after each client and services, including all low and high traffic areas. A checklist will be followed at each station.
- All capes, gowns, towels, are washed after each service. Combs, brushes and all tools used will be disinfected before each service.
- All Halo staff are certified with level 1 and level 2 BeautySafe. All Halo staffs are Barbicide and COVID Barbicide certified.
- We have signage all over the salon, please follow these in regard to washing hands.
- Floor stickers are in place if you need guidance while in high traffic areas.
Checking in at Halo for your appointments
- We are requesting all clients bring their own masks. If you don’t have one, we can provide one for a small fee.
- We ask that you show up on time for your appointment. Please allow us the proper time to clean and have time to provide the service for you. Please wait outside and we will invite you in.
- We ask you to come alone for your service.
- To ensure everyone’s safety we are limiting the number of staff and people in the salon.
- There are no longer waiting areas allowed in the salons for others.
- Upon arrival, you will be escorted to the hand wash station. After this, you will be given a clean robe and then you will head to your stylist/color technician’s station.
- Directional and distancing markers will be indicated on the floor.
- All our workstations are spaced apart as recommended for everyone’s safety.
- All appointments will be booked through the receptionists. Online booking is disabled at this time. You can email the salon firstname.lastname@example.org or call the salon during business hours.
- All products purchased will be collected and bagged by the receptionist.
- Payment for all transactions will be debit or credit cards.
- Once your service has been provided, we ask that you pre-book for your next appointment.
Staffs at Halo
- All staff at halo will be wearing a mask or personal protective equipment.
- Shampoos will be provided; however, time at the basin will be shortened.
- There will be extra hand washing.
- Aprons are worn and disinfected between clients.
- Gloves are worn when needed.
Thank you for taking the time to read all theses new protocols. Together we can get thru it. We now ask you understand we will get you all in as soon as we can.
– Cindee, Matt and the Halo Salon Team